OHSAS | BOZP (OHSAS 18001)
Occupational health and safety (OHSAS 18001)
Each person carries out duties in their employment or they are their passive participants and thus they could be exposed to danger or risk. This circumstance is most obvious to all of us and we are aware about it only in road transportation. In a working process, occupational health and safety don't get that much attention until some special event arises such as work-related injury.
Health and safety at work is, in most organizations, the primary obligations in terms of meeting the requirements of the legislation. Organizations often do not realize how important it is to have a well-adjusted health and safety system in accordance with valid legislation. The more is organization focused on the production and uses, in the production, various complex manufacturing devices or building or transport mechanisms, the greater the likelihood of accidents. Occupational health and safety in the production and provision of services must be managed in a way so this would work as a system in accordance, at least, with the valid legislation and by socially responsible organizations as a process-oriented system according to some international standard.
- Do you want to reduce the impact of risks in the production of your products?
- Do you want to be competitive in providing services while optimizing OHSAS costs?
- The solution is to build an OHSAS system on a qualitative higher level
Versa Systems, as a consulting firm and system integrator in the field of business consulting services, offers you an expert assistance with implementation of occupational health and safety management system – OHSASPaket. We will help you tailored OHSAS exactly to your company needs based on the internationally recognized standards (OHSAS 18001) and in accordance with valid legislation.
What is OHSASPaket?
OHSASPaket represents implementation of occupational health and safety management system in all activities of the organization. Such implemented occupational health and safety management system provides employees, customers, partners and third parties with the evidence of social responsibility for protection of health and continuous reduction of work risks during your business activities.
Implementation of OHSASPaket serves as a precondition for possible certification of occupational health and safety management system in accordance with international standard OHSAS 18001 and legislative requirements. Our consulting services are based on a quality OHSAS process management but also take into account the conditions of the organization. Implementation is always based upon the project which has several basic milestones. An essential starting point for each OHSAS implementation project is so called situational analysis according to OHSAS 18001 (eventually other standard, Safe organization etc.). The aim of the situational analysis is the evaluation of the OHSAS status within the organization, including the status of process management according to OHSAS 18001 requirements. Based on the results from analysis we will suggest a schedule of work that need to be completed for successful implementation of all processes according to standard OHSAS 18001 and subsequent certification. Part of the implementation is concerned with the design of legislative requirements specific to your organization. Part of the implementation is concerned with the design of optimal OHSAS model, including possible integration with already existing systems (e.g. QMS, EMS etc.), creation of necessary documentation and our assistance during implementation of OHSAS into practice and setting up of basic framework for measurements and analysis of individual processes according to CMM model.
What offers OHSASPaket?
- Implementation of occupational health and safety management system on higher quality level according to requirements of OHSAS 18001 consists from the following basic steps:
- analysis of current status of OHSAS management system, determination of scope, strategy and identification of organization's requirements
- creation of necessary documentation according to standard's and organization's requirements
- assistance with implementation of individual OHSAS processes into company's practice
- assistance with internal audits and determination of degree of compliance with OHSAS 180001 requirements after implementation of all required OHSAS processes
- assistance with preparations for certification audit and during the audit itself
- Setting up the basic framework of processes according to OHSAS 18001 requirements, eventually Safe organization, primarily:
- OHSAS process management system
- elaboration of OHSAS strategy and objectives
- process of management of OHSAS risks
- process of emergency planning and response, including the assistance in developing contingency plans for work and production threats
- Assistance when implementing OHSAS procedures based on "Best Practices" and series of OHSAS 1800x standards
- Assistance when setting up metrics and objectives of individual OHSAS processes according to CMM methodology
- Guarantee of a fixed price for the delivered solution
- Individual approach of our consultants, our consultants have more than 15 years of experience with the implementation of occupational health and safety management system
- Minimum burdening of organization's staff
- Execution of basic training for organization's employees from OHSAS principles
Duration and price
- The total time required for these activities is depends on the support and cooperation of the customer (access to workplaces, course of activities according to the approved schedule, etc.)
- Usually you can achieve the implementation of OHSAS management system in 3 – 10 months given the complexity of the processes and the size of organization
- We will prepare the specific price quotation tailored for you company, please contact us !
- Certificate serves as evidence, that organization has managed, controlled and certified processes of occupational health and safety management system corresponding with international standards and "Best Practices"
- Certificate will serve as an evidence for your customers and stakeholders that your OHSAS is audited by an independent third party which regularly checks your system
- By implementing OHSAS you will get better understanding of individual occupational risks that arise from your activities and threaten the safety and health of your employees
- It will be easier for you to set up targets for the reduction of workloads and risks from individual processes
- Better understanding of OHSAS legislative requirements
- More flexible and faster adjustments to the OHSAS requirements of your customers
- More efficient activities in providing information about the OHSAS of your organization
OHSAS – for whom it is suitable?
- OHSAS is suitable for all organizations that have production or provide services in occupational–hazardous activities within their business processes
- The basic objective of OHSAS is to provide evidence that occupational health and safety management system is aiming for minimal occupational risks to your employees
OHSAS – based on what..?
- OHSAS – occupational health and safety according to OHSAS 18001 is process-oriented platform during conducting of business, which was standardized by two complementary standards OHSAS 18001 and OHSAS 18002. These standards define basic requirements and also give basic guidance for OHSAS implementation.
- For successful implementation and effective operation of OHSAS mere compliance with standard's requirements is not enough. The system should be also implemented on the operational level and also all requirements of valid legislature related to the occupational health and safety should be implemented into organization's conditions.
OHSAS – Occupational health and safety according to OHSAS 18001
- OHSAS 18001 standard specifies requirements for occupational health and safety management system (OHSAS) which will enable organization to manage OHSAS risks and improve the level of organization in this area
- OHSAS 18001 standard is a guide for building OHSAS management system that will help to eliminate or minimize risks to company's workers and other stakeholders whose activities are related to OHSAS risks.
Standards OHSAS 1800x share common principles of organizations' management system with ISO 9001 standard. However, it is important to bear in mind different perspectives and different objectives of both systems. Quality management systems are primarily focused on processes concerned with meeting the needs of customers, whole OHSAS management systems are focused on the safety and health off workers.
For us always apply that:
- Implemented system should not be an obstacle to main organization's business activities
- Minimum of bureaucracy and maximum of benefits for the company and customer
- With clearly and precisely defined system meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001 standard in the shortest time possible
- We guarantee not only to meet the deadline of certification audit but obtaining of a certificate as well!